Sunday, October 21, 2012

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness

Primordial are a black/folk metal band from Dublin, Ireland. Though a lot of bands that fall into the folk metal genre can be a bit...silly (to put it mildly), Primordial do a fantastic job of incorporating folk elements into amazing atmospheric black metal. The musicianship with this band is amazing, and you'd be hard-pressed to find another black metal band with clean vocals that are as good as Nemtheanga's.

When it comes to Primordial in their prime, it's extremely hard for me to choose just one to upload on here! I mainly picked The Gathering Wilderness, because it was the first album of theirs I heard as a teenager. If you have time, I'd recommend checking out A Journey's End and Spirit the Earth Aflame as well (which I will maybe upload on here as well sometime).
Enjoy!


ARTIST: PRIMORDIAL
ALBUM: THE GATHERING WILDERNESS
GENRE: BLACK/FOLK METAL



No comments:

Post a Comment