Saturday, November 3, 2012

Totalitär - Sin Egen Motståndare + Ni måste bort

Totalitär were a hardcore punk band from Sweden. Although their music wasn't quite metal-influenced enough to be considered crust, they're often lumped in with crust bands because of their imagery and lyrical themes. Not to mention they're fucking fantastic! They never really got into doing gigs, but they released a fair bit of music, and definitely left their mark on the punk scene, going on to do splits with legends like Dropdead, Tragedy and Disclose when they got together briefly in the early 2000s.

Seriously, this is one of those bands I never got into when I was in high school because I was already busy listening to a zillion other bands, and just figured they'd be another overhyped hardcore band. DAMN was I wrong! This is what hardcore punk should sound like. Everytime I listen to this band I feel like I'm being assaulted. It's rare (especially by the 90s when this band was making music) that I hear a band where you can actually feel the violence in their music. All the lyrics are in Swedish, but it's easy enough to run that shit through a translator (not that their 7"/LP covers aren't enough to give the themes away).

Anyways, I like this band so much that I'm posting their first two LPs on here. Enjoy!


ARTIST: TOTALITAR
ALBUM: SIN EGEN MOTSTANDARE + NI MASTE BORT
GENRE: HARDCORE PUNK

No comments:

Post a Comment