Saturday, June 2, 2012

Raw Power - Screams From The Gutter + After Your Brain

Raw Power were an hardcore punk band from Italy that thrived during the 1980s. Apparently they had quite the scene back in the day -- if you enjoy Raw Power, be sure to check out Wretched and Indigesti. This awesome punk archival project can tell you more about the band than I ever could, but to sum up: fast, loud, and catchy as hell. Some pretty funny songs/lyrics as well. Screams from the Gutter and After Your Brain are actually two different LPs released respectively in 1984 and 1986, but I'm including them both because I can't decide which one I like better!

As a sidenote, not sure who their album artist was, but s/he came up with some of the coolest imagery I've ever seen for a punk band, ever. 


ARTIST: RAW POWER
ALBUM: SCREAMS FROM THE GUTTER with AFTER YOUR BRAIN
GENRE: HARDCORE PUNK


No comments:

Post a Comment