Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Post! Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March To The Black Holocaust

So this is the first post of hopefully many in my new music blog. I've been meaning to embark on this project for a while, but didn't have the software/motivation/time to do so until now. While not exclusively limited to it, this blog will mainly cover "heavier" genres of music (punk, grind, metal. etc.)

I've been into punk and metal since my sister got me into it around age 9, and I've been playing bass since I was 12, and learned guitar and drums when I was 15. I live a much more minimalistic lifestyle nowadays, but growing up I used the money from my two jobs to acquire a vinyl collection of 200+ LPs, 200+ CDs, and numerous tapes/7"s before the age of 18. So don't come bitching and moaning to me that blah blah blah the internet is killing underground music...I fucking get it. This isn't 1980 and the playing field is way different. I'll still support bands anyway I can (including if a band asks me to take a release off the site, I'll happily comply), my point is that while it's great to be supporting the bands that you love, anyone who's in music purely for the money is a douche anyways and I don't give a shit if I'm "stealing" from them.

So! Without further ado, I present the first offering: Vlad Tepes/Belketre's March to the Black Holocaust. Part of the Les Legions Noires, this split is considered one of LLN's best releases -- and rightfully so. It's raw, lo-fi black metal at it's finest. It's extremely rough and atmospheric: can't comment much on musicianship here because there are many points where you simply can't make it out. But that's not what music like LLN is about. I find with raw-sounding bands like those found in LLN, it does require a particular mindset/mood to truly appreciate, but it also comes down to a "like it or you don't" vibe as well. So here ya go:


ARTIST: VLAD TEPES/BELKETRE
ALBUM: MARCH TO THE BLACK HOLOCAUST (split)
GENRE: BLACK METAL, LES LEGIONS NOIRES


No comments:

Post a Comment