Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fucked Up - Hidden World/Epics in Minutes

So, the album I've REALLY been enjoying lately is the new OFF! LP that came out yesterday. However, because I purchased it on iTunes, an upload of the album wouldn't really work because the files would be password protected by my iTunes account. Not to mention, it's a great album/band, and you can instantly download it for under 10 bucks. It'll be out for free on the interwebs soon enough, but my personal recommendation is to buy it/steal it/get your hands on it somehow.

In lieu of that release, I'm sharing another great hardcore punk album that has helped me get through a lot of shit. Fucked Up is a band that has been through 10+ years of blood sweat and tears, and their recent fame and success is well-deserved. The early stuff (as their sound changes quite dramatically from their demos to the latest album) is reminiscent of bands like Poison Idea left off. It's a tough call between their first full-length album and their demo discography, so I uploaded them both so you can make that call for yourself. Epics in Minutes is much more transparent about their influences, and the songs are short, violent hardcore that stays in your head for days Hidden World has the same energy that made their 7"s so great, but the songs are much longer and they begin developing the melodic "rock opera" style that makes up their current tunes. I'd recommend listening to Hidden World in one go the first time you listen to it, because the album has great flow. They're currently on hiatus, and I'm glad I finally got to see them live last summer before that happened.

ARTIST: FUCKED UP
ALBUM: HIDDEN WORLD LP + EPICS IN MINUTES
GENRE: HARDCORE PUNK, CANADIAN HARDCORE





No comments:

Post a Comment