Saturday, May 12, 2012

Plasmatics - Coup D'Etat

This is another post where I don't get to upload what I'd really like to share with everyone -- in this case, the upcoming Lita Ford album. It reminds me of Motorhead's Motorizer in terms of overall sound and production, which is a good thing as I don't like a lot of Motorhead's discography. Also, I'm a huge sucker for good ol' female fronted rock n' roll. Which brings me to tonight's topic, Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics.

My suggestion to you would be to thoroughly google Wendy and her band yourself, because there's way too much awesomeness to cover here. To summarize, the Plasmatics were a heavy metal band that were way ahead of their time, and Coup D'Etat is arguably their best album. I like everything of the Plasmatics that I've heard so far, but I feel like this release showcases their musicianship and energy the most effectively.

Now I admit, this band took me a while to get into. When I first heard The Damned, I hated it. I think the drawback to this album is that it's very much a product of its time, and if you're not accustomed to 1980s production/music trends, it's going to seem like a long, painful album to sit through. But trust me when I say that this band is one of the most highly underrated gems of heavy metal.

WENDY O. RULES, POSERS GET LOST!


ARTIST: PLASMATICS
ALBUM: COUP D'ETAT
GENRE: HEAVY METAL, ROCK N' ROLL

No comments:

Post a Comment